Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Goth Girl With Black Boots

For Christmas this year I had one request... a Masterson Sta-Wet Palette. I got my wish.

What this type of palette does is keep acrylic paint moist and workable for long periods of time. This is somewhat revolutionary because acrylic has a tendency to start thickening and hardening within moments of putting a nice dollop on the palette.

Since I now have more time and flexibility, I can work the paint colours longer and do almost a watercolour effect. I decided to see what I could push this palette to do for me. I think the results are very apparent. Add in the new scanner and you can really see how lush the colours are with this ACEO.

Its up for auction right here: http://www.tiny.cc/gothgirl

3 comments:

Deborah said...

WOW!!!! You got a new scanner for Christmas and a new acrylic paint palette, too??? Nice going!

How does that palette work...is there a cloth or something in there that stays wet and keeps the acrylic paint from drying out?

Deborah said...

OH!!!!! I forgot to say....I love the new ACEO, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Deb, it has a thick sponge that you place in the bottom of the tray.

Then, you take a special sheet of paper (which is strong enough to use a palette knife on) soak it for 15 minutes in boiling water and place over the sponge.

You then use your paints on that paper and they will stay moist for at least a few days, if not weeks.

When the paper gets too crowded, mucky or dry, you replace the sheet.

Works like a charm. :)
-Michelle