Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Blonde Mermaid with Orange Flowers


Here we have another mermaid. I've really enjoyed working in the smaller ACEO format after all that canvas over the holidays. Its a totally different direction for me and I am forced to think of different approaches to solve visual issues this way.

I tend to do more imaginative stuff in ACEO format rather than traditional art since I can really play with a concept and then move on. Right now I've been playing with shading and those swirling flowers. I kind of like taking an idea and redoing it in a variety of ways.

She is on auction right here: http://www.tiny.cc/blonde465

10 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

GASP.

I'm going to go broke!

Must...resist...

I.

orion713 said...

And I love this piece! (Thanks for the nice compliment on my bloggie). :)

Michelle said...

Thanks orion :)

Ivan, have you ever considered that this is my master plan to keep you creating more art?

Artist.. broke... makes more work... not so broke... sees art... broke... makes more work....

Heh. heh. heh....

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Ha! Perhaps we are both caught in a perpetual cycle! :)

I.

Michelle said...

Shhh! LOL.

The best part of selling for me is that I seem to stick most of the $$$ back into art supplies.

Nothing says freedom like cracking a fresh box of canvas whenever you like. :)

Penny Cork said...

Simply beautiful! I like imagining that she's getting ready to flirt with a handsome merman who has caught her eye...

Ivan' right!

Penny :)

Sunflower said...

hi, I came from Caylynn's blog. The shot of the cat, you know. It is so impressive. So I want to see the photographer too:-)

What can I say, just simply beautiful!

Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to my Sunflower too.


I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Sunflower!

Penny, always a pleasure to see you pop in!

Ivan, that goes for you too! :)

Deborah said...

Michelle! That little beauty is Kickin' Like Tommy Lee!!! She's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks Deb!!