Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Kalanchoe painting - much progress...




Okay, we are still not finished yet, but the end is in sight now. If you look at the progression of this piece you can see that it isn't really much until the blooms have been added. Now it is a warmed up and inviting scene.

My job now is to get the finer details (not hyper realism, just crisper bits to focus on) and to mesh the plants, pots and backdrop all together.

I have been holding off on the flowers till I tinkered enough with the setting that it has been driving me crazy with waiting. I knew things would look so dramatically different once they went in - I'm glad the time has come.

2 comments:

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Oh, goody, progress! I love being able to see the different steps of evolution here!

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Oh my goodness!

Okay--I'm too tired right now to give these a proper viewing and comment, but I just wanted to say (for now) that I am so in love with this painting!!

More later!

I.