Monday, February 05, 2007

Lady with Seven Stars




Hmmm, a little something different from me today. I've had this imagery in my head for a couple of weeks now. Kind of a convoluted explaination on what it is about I guess:

I'm participating in a Bible study that is now focussing on Revelation. While we were working through the first bit (Rev 1:10 - 16) I was doodling and was totally absorbed with the imagery of seven stars (Rev 1:16).

So I drew seven stars. Of course, being human, I had to draw a parallel to the earlier reference of the seven churches (Rev 1:11). Well of course, the church is Christ's chosen bride (Eph 5:25-27) I had to draw a young blushing lady wearing the stars in an almost old fashioned bridal head dress....

Okay, this isn't hugely deep theology but I figured it would be interesting to explain how this picture developed.

You can find her on auction here: http://tinyurl.com/3blrd5

2 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Michelle, what an expansive piece! There is so much movement and quiet power in this painting, it feels barely contained by the canvas.

Ah.

I.

Deborah said...

I absolutely adore this painting! It is stunning.......