Friday, March 23, 2007

Twilight



I have finally taken the time to finish this LARGE (24" x 36") piece. Okay, large for someone who lately has been painting 2.5"x 3.5" pieces!

I took a huge pile of photographs last spring in my neighbouring area. I got pretty obsessed with the changing prairie sky. My favorite time has always been twilight. I think this piece captures that moment.

I'm still working with that thick texture, I really really played with amorphous washes and clean detail. I wanted to push both as far as I could in the same painting without throwing off the balance.

I'm not putting this online as of yet, but if you contact me I can give you more details and let you know if it is still available.

4 comments:

Wild Thread Studio said...

Michelle,
This is just gorgeous. I really like your work alot. Can I link you on my blog?
Denise

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Blindingly gorgeous and rich! I love the textures (and if people aren't clicking on the image to enlarge it, please do it!).

The washes create a velvety luminosity that encapsulates twilight; I could fall into the colors and textures alone. The blue in the sky and in the field are well observed. There's a blanketing hush about this time of day that you've caught with your brush, Michelle.

Take care,

I.

Penny Cork said...

Beautiful! And, I have to tell you that the Green Tea Pot is simply elegant.

Penny :)

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Michelle I love this and what you're doing with the blues and greens. Beautiful!