Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Difference of Night and Day - Painting of Cups etc.




This is my latest little collection of china. The photos were taken during the day (the top) and the night (the bottom). Amazing how different the colour looks! I kept the bottom one to show that the white lines in the daylight photo are just the light hitting the textured ridges, they really aren't white in real life.
The colours in the daylight one are more accurate, more bluey and fresh pinky red. Not quite so hazy.
I'm a huge fan of Georgio Morandi, it occurred to me the other day that this seems to be developing into a minor homage to his brilliant little collections of bowls, bottles and bric a brac.
You can find this on auction here:

5 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Photographing art is so tricky! I'm glad you provided both examples. Besides seeing the night and day shots, it does give the viewer an impression of what it would be like to own the painting, and see it change and shimmer throughout the day on his or her wall. :)

Glad to have you back--glorious ACEO's, too! :)

Take care,

I.

Biby Cletus said...

Nice post, its a really cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

Biby Cletus - Blog

Michelle said...

Thanks Ivan! Thanks Biby!

Caylynn said...

Lovely! :) Your paintings are beautiful. :) Interesting how the colours change depending on the time of day.

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

I love still lifes. I always said if I was told I could only paint one style, then I would chose to only paint still lifes because then in that I could paint anything I wanted. Instead of painting a landscapte, I could paint a picture of a landscape! And I have always loved a still life of china. You always work in colors I love! Nice work as always Michelle! :-)