Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Easter Project


Artistically, not much gets me more excited than the yearly treat of dying Easter eggs. I am a freak about it. I love it. I can't explain it.
I learned most of my secrets from my mom (aka, Bubble Gramma). I invited her over for this special treat since she loves it as much as I do. It doesn't hurt that I had an extra set of hands to help my kids with all the messier stuff.
We had stickers, crayons, plain dye, dye with oil in it, tissue paper and lots of imagination. It was pretty amusing to watch the kids as this was the first year that the older two were fairly independant and really made an effort to make each egg unique.
Oy. Now I just have to figure out how we are going to consume over 3 dozen eggs....

7 comments:

M.Anderson said...

Love the colors! Been wondering where you have been.

Garden Painter Art said...

Beautiful eggs. My kids still decorate eggs and they're 18, 17 and 13!! We love it. We use tape and rubberbands to make unique designs. I'll have to give the oil that you mentioned a try.

Have a nice Easter:
Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Michelle said...

Have a nice Easter yourself!

I went on a little trip last week to the Pacific Northwest....

Still getting my act together. LOL.

Caylynn said...

Lovely eggs! :)

Happy Easter to you and your family, Michelle. :)

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! What a wonderful tradition to pass down to your kids. :)

As for the eggs, would they be donate-able to a shelter or soup kitchen? I wish I could help you, I love eggs!

Glad to see you back!

Take care,

I.

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

I love the colors - and the story of family that they represent in coming together to create them :)


Okay - egg salad extraordinaire:

chop eggs
real mayo (not spin-blend or the sweeter stuff)
onions if you like
a dribble of yellow mustard to taste
salt & pepper to taste
black olives chopped (if you like)
secret ingredient: curry powder (not kidding - his makes them SING and no one can put a finger on "why") - AMAZING & delish!
mix & serve on your favorite bread...

joy in the journey,
katey-D
BlueyeduckStudios

kaitlin choi said...

wow, those are some pretty cool eggs!

all your work has been looking great. i especially like those teapots and plates.