Monday, May 07, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Today marks the one year point where I finally got up enough nerve to open an ebay account and list some things to sell.

Wow. I feel like I've only begun to scratch the surface yet also that I've been doing the online selling thing forever.

My how my art has changed. This year has definitely brought focus on working diligently, working everyday (almost) and that if something doesn't work you can either change it or push it till you find someone who appreciates it.

I've been so thankful to find a customer base that is truly international. Some neat places I've sent things to: France, Singapore, Australia, Britain, and plenty to my North American clients. Also, I have managed to have customers from way back reconnect with me now that my name comes up in a google search.

I have connected with other artists - boy have I missed that from my school days. I went through many years of feeling artistcally isolated, now I have a trusted group that I can express my thoughts with and gain insight and feedback. Plus, I LOVE looking at the work of other artists. I find it very inspiring to see the amazing things they do with thier mediums.

So, last year at this time I decided to give online selling a year and then evaluate it. WOW. I'm surprised at things I thought would be easy were hard and vice versa. Will I continue - of course. I have only just started.

For my regular readers - THANK YOU for making this year a fantastic one.

3 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Congratulations, Michelle!

It's been wonderful getting to know you and your work--you've got a fan for life.

Thank you for sharing your art through eBay. I think your courage has sowed many flowers.

Best always,

I.

M.Anderson said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. It is good to see that you took that chance. You have a wonderful talent.

Penny Cork said...

Michelle, that is wonderful! I'm so happy for you, and thankful for your talent! I'm certain that is an anniversary which will be happily repeated for years and years to come!

:)