Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Blue Bowl








While I'm working on a piece, I often start obsessing over my next project. In this case the blue bowl. I had it on my windowsill and everytime I went to do something at my sink, the bowl was there tempting me.
Finally I had a chance to capture the swirling pattern and the rich blue hue. I paired it up with some plates that my mother has had for years. I've looked at them so much that I've almost memorized the patterns. Those same plates make an appearance in my piece "Collection of Plates" http://mw-artco.blogspot.com/2007/03/collection-of-plates.html
You can find Blue Bowl listed here:

5 comments:

Caylynn said...

Wow, the detail is amazing! Just beautiful. :)

sadie pink said...

How beautiful! I love the colors. Your artwork is amazing - you will notice I've added you to my LINKS list. Love your blog.
Sue

Chris said...

Beautifully done!

You have way more patience than I do, that's for sure. I think I'd have a break down if I attempted something with that kind of detail.

orion713 said...

WOAH! This piece is amazing!

Ivan Chan Studio said...

I thought those plates looked familiar!

This is a breathtaking painting, Michelle. You have that rare and special knack to imbue everyday objects with the magic of the beauty you see in them.

Thank you for sharing.

Take care,

I.