Friday, September 14, 2007

Tattoo Sketch



I love adapting the imagery I do in ACEO format to other sizes. This is the ultimate adaptation: a tattoo! How I do tattoo design is basically a client commissions the artwork, I do it on either paper or canvas and they get to keep the original piece plus authorization to use it as a tattoo.

Its always so touching to find the reasons behind a new tattoo. So many people use them to mark a milestone or a memory. Its even more touching to be included in the process.

5 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Wow, that's so cool!! Besides the special reasons, it's trippy thinking that your artwork will be placed in a pretty permanent way on someone's body.

The power of art. :)

Take care,

I.

Amanda said...

WOW, all I can say is you have made my vision come to life.I cannot wait to have this tattoo. You are amazing!

Amanda

Amanda said...

P.S.
Im honoured to be on your sight.

Michelle said...

Aw shucks. Its an honour to do your tattoo.

Yes, Ivan it is pretty cool. :) I hope Amanda will send me piccies when its all inked in.

Amanda said...

you better believe I will send you piccies when its all done!! Im going to put myself on the waiting list though...might be a few months.....grrrrrrr.