Saturday, December 08, 2007

On the Easel: Collection with Red Plate

This large 24"x24" piece should be completed and listed this evening.

As you can see, there are a lot of familiar plates there but I have also been wanting to change things a little. I found a lovely, glossy red rimmed plate that picks up the red of my sake cup beautifully. The addition of this bright reddish orange colour has really changed the feel of my plate collection.

I have also changed the feel of things by using a square canvas. It really adds to this composition I think. Nice and large as well.

If you have any questions about this before I list it, don't hesitate to contact me.

1 comment:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

This is beautiful and I look forward to seeing it listed!

It's funny--I'm taking a break from prepping my canvas--which also happens to be 24" x 24". :) There's something nice about a square, and I agree, it's large and roomy!

Take care,

I.