Monday, February 11, 2008

Waiting

This is a study I did yesterday of my youngest daughter. The dress she is wearing is one of my favorites and I've been meaning to capture it for a while before she grows out of it. Its acrylic on 9"x 12" canvas. Not sure if I'm going to part with it or not.

My apologies for not posting sooner, last week was full of art related stuff (behind the scenes detail-y things) but not a lot of painting.

I have a LOT of pent up creativity this week so we shall see where this takes me. I think I will be doing some painting a day studies.

4 comments:

Dani Brandimarte said...

Hey Michelle- I got hooked on your blog a while back (I think it was the goth/rococo type stuff that did it). I love this painting, it's very sweet. I have done a couple of paintings of my son and have debated about selling them. I don't think I ever could because I might regret it, but that's just me.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

This is absolutely lovely and poignant.

I can see why it would be a hard piece to part with.

Mm.

I.

Belinda Del Pesco said...

The mood and "captured moment" of this one is lovely... I especially like the position of her hands.

Joanne said...

This is such a sweet painting! You must be very happy with the results...Em looks like she is patiently waiting for something to happen. I love the doll and the tights - altogether another beautiful piece.