Monday, September 08, 2008

Sketchbook Cover - Sparrow


It has been a long, long time since I kept a sketchbook. I used to have one on me at all times, not to sketch so much, but to noodle around and dream on paper. Looking back, I used a blog format even before there was internet.

Since I've never minded sharing my sketchbook, I'm hoping to post some of the pages of my newest endeavor over the coming weeks. Its a different side to my art.

The cover was painted with acrylic on black gesso. I'm doing some research for a client right now that involves sparrows, and I was so in love with these birds I was inspired to put one on my new book!

4 comments:

Veronica Funk said...

This is beautiful Michelle...I can't wait to see more.

Joanne said...

Love that black gesso as a base! Very beautiful cover... glad you are back to sketching, dreaming and "doodling: your ideas!

Cheryl said...

Love this! Especially the tree in the circle background - you know how I am with circles....

Cindy Buckshon said...

A sketchbook project...good idea. I remember the old days when I used to have one with me everywhere. This image would be beautiful in stained glass. I love the divisions of the space.