Friday, November 14, 2008

On the Easel: Prairie Landscape - step one


This 24"x36" canvas is the first step in creating a prairie sunset. As you can see the paint is wet and the image is really roughly blocked out.

I have this habit of snapping random photos with my cell phone camera. It doesn't take very high resolution pictures, more of a rough guideline. That is where I'm getting my cloud colouring from here.

I actually don't even remember taking this photo, it could be "Anywhere, Alberta" along the Deerfoot highway. Often I'll see something in the twilight sky that causes me to take a pile of reference shots, only for them to sit on my camera phone for a couple of months till I upload them onto my computer and wonder what on earth I was trying to capture.

Keep checking back over the next few days to see the progress on this!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Mmmmmm...I'm going to love watching this! Great to see someone's process. Thanks for sharing!
Hope you are well....tea is long overdue!
Blessings,
C.