Saturday, November 15, 2008

On the Easel: Prairie Landscape - step two


As you can see, things are looking a little more coherant now. I've layered more colour and smoothed out a lot of the edges. It is still choppy and unfinished though.

A lot of my inspiration comes from reading other people's blogs. Two recent posts on Alberta skies caught my attention. Joanne had a post on recent chinook sunsets and Veronica posted a painting of a smoke filled sky she had vivid memories of.

I actually didn't have either of those in mind when I started this painting, but halfway through I had an "ah ha!" moment that those had been sitting just under the surface of my concious thoughts.

Its really hard to not be inspired in some way by the palette of these expansive prairie skies.

1 comment:

Brenda Colleen Leyland said...

Hi, You mention Alberta sky lines. I love them too.... I love the expanse and openness of our horizons in this part of the world.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how you sometimes find inspiration.