Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An Experiment: Sketch Week


Okay, in an attempt to keep my readers in the loop with what I am up to, I've decided to try a little series of blog posts.

Over the course of this week, I will have a post featuring a sketch. The point is not to show you a glossy, pretty drawing but a really rough thought process that I like to go through when I'm in the mood to create but don't have time to work at my easel.

Since these are just my own personal little doodles, (nothing saleable) I'm going to share what sort of visual decisions I had to make, mistakes and little bright points that I found useful in each picture.

These are mostly from life and are not from photographs - this adds to the rustic nature of them. Since I probably spent about 5 minutes tops on each picture they are but a fleeting impression of what was in my surroundings at the time.

I hope you enjoy this and feel free to add your own critique or commentary. Come back tomorrow to see the first one!

No comments: