Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oh, SNAP!


So, my mother came over this evening and saw the unfinished shelf painting in my livingroom. Suddenly she got very excited. "Oh SNAP! My dad used to use that stuff all the time!"

I asked her what it was, and she said it was a gritty pumice hand wash that you use to remove car grease.

What was most interesting to me is that her strongest association with this stuff was the nice smell. She was obviously taken back to a childhood moment when she saw the little can in my painting.

That was a pretty cool reaction.

2 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh how I love your work!! I have never heard of SNAP, but I LOVE the tin...painting!! Laurie

Alex said...

Hi, I'm Alex the Community Director for Well.ca. Thanks for the link love! I just had to comment because your subject line made me giggle and your story was so sweet.

Thanks for sharing your story! Snap products seem to be nostalgic for a lot of people.

If you ever want to get in touch feel free to contact me at alex[at]well.ca.