Thursday, February 26, 2009

Interesting - I thought I'd Share

No visual ready for today, I figured I'd share a link instead.

A friend posted this and I have to admit that it is quite stunning to have something laid out visually like this. The artist's name is Chris Jordan out of Seattle and the work is called Running the Numbers.

Basically, it looks at a statistic number of something being used during a time span in the United States and then the piece literally places that number of an object associated with the statistic.

Check it out for yourself.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

WOW!!! That was absolutely an amazing experience, viewing Chris' website. Thank you for sharing it... very powerful!

Michelle said...

The ones towards the bottom just got more and more striking. I'll be keeping an eye on this artist for sure!