Saturday, February 28, 2009

Painting Study: Spoon on Plate


Sold

I love this spoon. My husband has a keen eye for nice household items. He brought home a very cool set of cutlery a few years ago - the best piece in the set were the tiny rounded spoons.

We don't use this set anymore (with three kids, we never had enough to go around when company came over) but I kept the spoons out. They are the perfect size for a tiny dish of ice cream, there is a balance and weight that is pleasing in its own small way.

This painting has a nice direct shadow off to the left. I've used my latest favorite, the little blue plate for another appearance. Something about painting that pattern is so relaxing. I want to get to the point where I could note each part of it with no reference at all.

No comments: