Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cartoon Collaboration

So, a few weeks ago I was trying to explain how to draw a comic strip to my 9 year old son. I drafted a rough strip, about 2" high by 8" wide and drew in three boxes. I drew some rough figures in the first box with some dialogue. (click on the image to see it up close)

He understood what I meant, and went upstairs to finish his project. I left the paper sitting by my computer. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am a paper piling hoarding type personality. Soon my little cartoon demonstration was buried in an ever changing pile of debris.

A few days ago, I was sorting through this pile and noticed that I had a secret collaborator on my cartoon:


(this is really worth clicking on)

I don't quite know what the punchline is, but notice how in the second frame there is a carefully drawn speech bubble. The framed dog picture is pretty priceless too. I guess my 4 year old daughter likes drawing cartoons as well!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I wanted to see the image up close, but the "click on" wasn't working... too bad! Looks like all your kids are artistic, but watch out for Emily! She's going to take your breath away with her natural talent!

Sarah said...

the clicky was broken. but more importantly, your daughter is FOUR??? the baby??