Monday, March 02, 2009

Painting Study: Apple on Floral Plate

Sold

This one took a bit longer than usual. I find painting two toned apples to be a bit of a challenge. First you are contending with your highlights and shadows and then you have to keep your green to red hues in check. A bit of back and forth is required in the matter.

I chose my floral pattern plate here - I liked how the green of the foliage complemented the green-y yellow of the apple, plus there is that white hot highlight on the right hand side where the light hits the gold rim of the plate.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Lovely, lovely... these little ones you are painting are turning out very nicely! Do you like the masonite for painting on? The texture is quite different from a canvas, isn't it?

Michelle said...

Your comment inspired my Tuesday post! :)

I had already planned on discussing masonite, I figured I'd bump the date up just for you.

Joanne said...

Thanks for giving that information! You are so considerate. :-)

Michelle said...

Considerate or opinionated...? LOL.