Friday, June 26, 2009

Sketchbook: Girl Throwing Rocks in Water

We've met our friends at the pond and gone fishing with them. Our kids love thier kids and much fun is had by all. Their daughter is only two and justs loving poking about at the water's edge.

Shortly after this sketch, I was engrossed with drawing something else and the three littlest ones were inventing a game where they were naming various things as fishing lures and then tossing them in the water. They had alphabet pretzels, blades of grass, little flowers - all replete with brand new names.

One item that they loved tossing in, they called "smokers" - boy, they sure loved those. I should have looked up sooner. "Smokers" are a new lure made of cigarette butts. There were about 9 or 10 of them merrily bobbing on the water, waiting for the fish to come biting. I paid better attention after that one.

2 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Hey, it's been awhile!

I've been digging your sketchbook drawings.

I hope you're having a wonderful summer!

I.

Vanessa said...

I can't believe I missed this post! Hilarious and I love the sketch!