Friday, October 02, 2009

Discovery

I am very reliant on technology. Around the last time I posted to this blog, my computer decided to go on strike. Now, I can keep in touch via my iPhone but blogging was a bit of a problem for me.

I have used that time to think deeply about what the purpose of this blog should be. Is it to showcase the arts? Is it strictly for selling? Am I trying to carve a niche with my commentary? I haven't totally ironed all that out yet, but now that my set up is almost set up, I think I might be exploring that a little bit.

One thing I have discovered about myself in the past while is that I am very interested in conveying ideas, both in writing and visually. Painting is just one mode of communication for me. I'm not sure if my focus always has a message or story behind it, I'm not sure that that matters either. As I get further along in my artistic journey, however, I do feel like it is less satisfying for me to just paint pretty pictures.

I know that there is a certain interplay of light and shadow, juxtaposition of colour and careful composition that is deeply engrossing and also pleasing to view... I'm just not sure that that is where my art is heading in the next while.

Anyways, I may not have been online, but I have been painting a few things. Again, the technology has limited me, my scanner is yet to be hooked up and my camera phone cannot do artwork much justice. Keep checking back to see what I've been up to.

2 comments:

KerStitch said...

So glad to see you back and I look forward to seeing whatever you decide to do next! For some reason the RSS feed stopped working for your blog, so I've missed a few.

I didn't realize you were Zazzle now too, so I've added you to my fan list and FB Merch store. :)

(you probably don't remember me - at least with this ID. I've purchased several ACEO from ebay from you under ID needleworkker - it's been awhile though. No more money. sigh. )

Michelle said...

I do remember you needleworkker thank you so much for the boost today! :) Glad to see you back!