Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Spring in Review

Hello again!

I'm safe and sound, back from Africa and I've survived my spring.

Things turned super hectic once I came home and while I kept painting, blogging really fell down the priority list.

Some things to note:

Swaziland and South Africa was a lot to take in. Considering that I'm still digesting my trip to Turkey in 2010, this one may take a while to emerge fully. Let it suffice for now that the people were amazing, the landscape was breath taking and all the preconceived notions I took with me were dismantled one by one. I understand Africa less now than I did before I went. It was awesome.

My palette is changing. The colours in Africa were so rich and vivid. I'm noticing stronger greens and oranges. This is unusual. I've also been tinkering with different brands of paints and mediums. For those of you who know me well, you will understand this is a big commitment change.

I've been working on developing some skills again. My two big things right now: portraiture and clouds. I'm trying to express something and I don't have the chops to do it yet. So I will keep plugging away until I figure out the language.

I was bummed that I didn't do an Easter Egg post. So here it is:

This year we had Easter near my daughter's tenth birthday party. Naturally we expanded our production to include a whole lot of creative girls. It was super, super fun.

Here are some pictures:





1 comment:

Inspector Clouseau said...

Had forgotten how vibrant the colors of Easter eggs were. Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.