Friday, February 01, 2013

Linocuts - There's a trick with a knife I'm learning to do....


Bird on Fence
Ink on Paper
6" x 9"
2013




Bird in Tree
Ink on Paper
6" x 9"
2013



 Fox and Crow
Ink on Paper
6" x 9"
2013


Pearls Before Swine
Ink on Paper
6" x 9"
2013


 Revelation
Ink on Paper
6" x 9"
2013



Spring
Ink on Paper
6" x 9"
2013

I've been fiddling around with Linocutting for a while now, but haven't had the guts to post much about them. I find working in lino to be really invigorating - something about having to think in basic black and white and backwards that gets my creative side hopping. 

These 6 have been added to my show at the APL - if you remember, I was planning to show them originally but the frames were the wrong format. I went to Vancouver shortly after the show was hung and decided on springing for some Opus Exhibition Frames and mats - now they are all prettily hung up!

4 comments:

Darlene Young said...

I love your lino cuts. The designs are great and interesting narratives too.

Loopyker said...

Oooo! I really like these!

Michelle said...

Thanks Darlene!

Michelle said...

Thanks! Good to see you here!