This one constantly embarrasses me... I can easily listen to an album over and over (even just a song) if it fits the painting I am working on. If I look at my phone, I can easily see what music I'd need to take to a dessert island if I had any hope of creating anything ever again.
In no particular order:
1. Belle and Sebastian - I will always sing along, maybe even dance a little too.
2. Interpol - hey they have songs that are Viking in flavour.
3. Anonymous 4 - if it's raining, this is on the player.
4. Grizzly Bear - always makes me feel a little cooler.
5. Mumford and Sons - not so much lately, but woah I had a phase last year...
6. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - long time favorite - seeing them live this week!
7. Radiohead - I will put all their albums on and I'm set for hours.
8. Local Natives - gah. I can't seem to get enough of these guys lately.
9. Sufjan Stevens - I wish he knew how many hours I've gotten through listening to his music. BQE and Christmas music included.
10. The National - I'm a little obsessed with these guys to be honest. I've had days where this is on the headphones for a run, then plugged into the car, the into the docking station, wash, rinse, repeat.